Automated high availability and role swap testing
MIMIX Availability for AIX provides simple failover management that enables you to meet the most aggressive Recovery Time Objectives.
- Intelligent heartbeat monitoring continuously verifies server health and optionally initiates automated failover
- Automated failover procedures speed recovery and reduce the opportunity for human error
- Applications can be restarted on the recovery system immediately after failover
- Virtual role swaps allow easy testing of failover-readiness, without disrupting production operations
Continuous data protection with virtual role swap
True availability is about more than keeping operations running after disasters or handling planned and unplanned system outages. Corrupted and accidentally deleted data pose additional threats. RightTime™ CDP, the continuous data protection technology found in MIMIX Availability for AIX, provides the most flexible recovery options in the industry, allowing you to “dial back” quickly and easily to return an application or database to a previous point in time.
- Performs near-instantaneous recovery of data and applications with push-button simplicity
- Offers the most flexible recovery point options in the market with RightTime™ CDP
- Enables you to go back in time to restore lost or damaged data due to system failure or human error
- Allows you to roll back the production server or recovery server to a previous point in time
- Enables you to recover from rolling disasters by rolling back to the point of the initial failure
- Allows you to set event markers for potential recovery, such as a quiet period for an application or database
- Improves productivity and return on investment by making snapshots of the data on the recovery server available for tape backup, reporting, testing and more